[EuroPython] Re: Voting and other options

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Fri Aug 15 20:50:48 EDT 2003

It is very hard to give any numbers for total costs, since so may parameters
vary, but I'll try to make a decent example that I think reflects the cost
for the typical Europython attendee.

I have made some very rough assumptions in this.

1. For the sake of fair comparison i have assumed that we have failed in our
goal to make the conference cheaper, and set the same registration fee (the
early bird one).

2. I have assumed that the person comes from a place that is not conveniently
served by a low price airline and doubled the cost of getting to Göteborg as
compared with the cost of getting to Charleroi.

3. The person wants a place to stay that has shower, gives you single
occupancy, is close to the town and the venue. The Chareroi figure comes from
my bill from Hotel Ibis. Breafast not included.

4. I have assumed that the person eats breakfast at the place of accomodation.

5. I have assumed that the person stays 3 nights, arriving on the eve of the
conference and leaves on the last day. Longer stays would certainly favour
Gothenburg.

In my calculations, Gothenburg comes out as the cheaper alternative. The only
way you can get Charleroi to become the cheaper alternative is by reducing
the hotel cost. You can do that by staying at a very inconvenient location
outside town.

This is only readable with a non-proportional font.
	Charleroi	Gothenburg
Conference	200	200
Travel	100	200
Food	55	55