[EuroPython] Meeting with the CEME venue team

Denis Frère denis@aragne.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 14:40:34 +0200

Le Thu, May 23, 2002 at 02:12:07PM +0200, Tom Deprez pianota:

> Yes: we must make the multipurpose rooms into 'auditorium' rooms.
> How far can we go?
>
> 1) How the multipurpose room can be split up in two (vertical or
> horizontal), so we can use this information in the floorplan.

There are several possibilities. We'll have to choose.

> 2) If ramps, 'staircase' platforms exist which allow to set the chairs
> in such a position that everybody can follow the talk.
> Otherwise we've a problem..... since only the front people will be
> able to follow.

That's not a standard option. I personnally think it's not mandatory if
the tracks attract a hundred people audience. The screen will have to be
high enough, but steps shouldn't be really needed.
The session with most attendance can use the auditorium.
(Is there a way to know who will attend which track ?)

> 3) If there are projector screens available. (I hope big ones....)

At first, I didn't think to screens ...
OK, good point too.

> 4) sound system in multipurpose rooms. Will you hear the talks of the
> other tracks?

The 'walls' are about 10 cm thick and are supposed to cut sound
diffusion. Appart during big applauses, it should be OK.

Denis

--
Denis FRERE
P3B    : Club Python(-Zope) Belge --------- http://www.p3b.org