[Edu-sig] Question about certifying teachers

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 01:49:18 EST 2019

OpenBadges

https://openbadges.org/get-started/issuing-badges/

> Open Badges provide a flexible way to recognize learning wherever it
happens, in and out of formal education and the workplace. They can
represent any achievement from simple participation to evidence-backed
competency development.

> By adopting the Open Badges Specification you are joining over 3,000
organizations across the world who believe in supporting a global
Specification that enables individuals to capture and share the richer
picture of who they are.

edX supports Badgr (OpenBadges)

- OpenBadges Backpack is now Badgr
- https://badgr.com
- https://github.com/concentricsky/badgr-server (Django API)
- https://github.com/concentricsky/badgr-ui (Angular 2 UI)
-
https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/edx-installing-configuring-and-running/en/latest/configuration/enable_badging.html
- https://github.com/edx/credentials

Blockcerts (W3C Verifiable Claims)

- https://www.blockcerts.org/guide/roadmap.html
  - [ ] OpenBadges Verifiable Claims compatibility

- https://github.com/w3c/verifiable-claims
  - https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model/
  - https://w3c.github.io/vc-use-cases/#education

... https://gist.github.com/westurner/4345987bb29fca700f52163c339a270f