[Edu-sig] Editors/IDEs for teaching

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:59:24 EDT 2018

I use Spyder in my adult beginner Python classes. I like the integrated
REPL (not just a window to Terminal) and the I-Python console.

Also, I'm a fan of the Anaconda distro of Python which makes it easy to
jump into Jupyter Notebooks, an introductory topic in my courses.

Given Jupyter grew out of I-Python, there's a lot of commonalities and
integration, especially around %magic commands.

Spyder is comparable to Wing 101 in its capabilities.

Kirby

Editors / IDEs :