[Edu-sig] Interactive Coding Web Pages?

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 30 17:02:37 EDT 2016

Hi Peter,

A few years back, inspired by JavaBat, I set up a Python code-practice
site, PyKata.org.  It worked very nicely, doing everything JavaBat would do
for Java, but with Python instead.  We even had plans to set up a
customizable interface, so every teacher could have their own homepage,
pick their own exercises, and make it look like entirely their own creation.

Unfortunately, I got too busy with my day job, and couldn't put in the time
necessary to finish the development.  So I put it aside for a project I
could do when I retire.

A few months ago, I got a notice from Google, that they were changing their
App Engine, and I would have to modify my code to continue keeping the site
working.  I didn't have time even for that, so the website went away.  I
did post a notice on edu-sig, but got no response.

The domain name pykata.org is expiring this week.  Let me know if you want
it.

David MacQuigg, PhD