[Edu-sig] Beautiful sample programs?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:19:09 CEST 2009

Hi Hélène --

Yes I recall your discussions.  You may already have checked out some
of my Python-related writings here:
http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/cp4e.html

A backdoor straight to my code, if you don't want to dig through any essays is:
http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/python/

One thing I specialize in is getting Python modules to spit out scene
description language for the ray tracing program POV-ray (povray.org).
 I also work with VPython a lot (vpython.org).  Having polyhedra
stored in sqlite3 and retrieving them in Python for visual display is
good exercise in using a DB.

In my curriculum we work backward from wanting to understand RSA (the
cryptographic algorithm) so there's some scaffolding having to do with
prime and composite numbers.

Right here in this archive there's a lot of buried treasure.  Gregor's
rendition of a Ron Resch transformation using turtle art comes to mind
(ronresch.com).

Kirby Urner
4dsolutions.net