[Edu-sig] Beautiful sample programs?

Helene Martin lognaturel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 04:24:18 CEST 2009

Hello,

As some of you know, I teach high school classes in Seattle.  Students
have been loving Python so far!  They've been able to dive right in
and get some interesting results.

I was wondering whether any of you had suggestions for Python programs
to look at, dissect, extend and emulate.  I'm looking for something
reasonably small like a simple music player, some kind of calculator
app, a collection manager or something like that.  I'd rather it be an
existing open source project someone started out of necessity (rather
than me creating something contrived for the exercise).  I've poked
around a bit but haven't found anything I thought would be perfect
either because of scale (I'd rather keep it to a handful of files),
complexity or just plain code ugliness.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hélène Martin.
http://garfieldcs.com