[Edu-sig] Fwd: Donald McIntyre

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:55:25 CET 2009

FYI. Much loved in the APL community.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Curtis A. Jones <curtis_jones at ieee.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 08:34
Subject: Fwd: Donald McIntyre
To: APLBUG at listserv.acm.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roger Hui <RHui... at Shaw.CA>
Date: Oct 25, 8:48 pm
Subject: Donald McIntyre
To: comp.lang.apl

Donald B. McIntyre (1923-08-15 to 2009-10-21)
passed away peacefully in the afternoon of
October 21.  Donald was an eminent geologist
who pioneered the use of computers in geology.
He was a gifted and inspiring teacher, an early
and long-time APL and J user, and a friend and
colleague of Ken Iverson and myself.  He is
survived by his wife Ann and his son Ewen.
A memorial service will be held in St. John's
Kirk in Perth, Scotland, this coming Friday,
October 30.

Information about Donald's life and times and
his work can be found athttp://www.dbmcintyre.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

http://www.earthtreasury.org/