[Edu-sig] At last... Posters and Virtual posters at PyCon

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Mon Oct 26 03:26:53 CET 2009

Hi everyone.

I'm pleased to announce that we are now accepting proposals for both
regular and virtual posters for PyCon 2010 in Atlanta.

For full details and to submit a poster or virtual poster, please visit
http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/posters/

This will be a first time for poster sessions at this conference, with
the idea largely arising from discussions that Steve Holden, Kirby and I
had after last year's PyCon. Fortunately the PyCon organizers rather
quickly decided that posters would add a valuable dimension to the
conference's perennial theme "Connecting the Community" and we have
strong support.

Among other things, posters will be a great way for educators and their
students to get their feet wet with a less formal and more interactive
PyCon presentation, and to share and get recognition for the work they
are doing with Python.

If someone can't make it to the conference, we are also offering the
chance to present a "virtual" poster, a recorded video of their poster
presentation. Virtual posters will be played in rotation on a monitor
during the conference posters sessions (assuming resources are
available), and will be archived as part of the PyCon video stream.

So spread the word - all levels of the Python in/and/about/with
Education communities (in fact, ALL Python communities!) are invited to
submit.

Oh, yeah, if you have any questions or find any errors in the poster
session pages, please let me know.

A bigger poster push will come with the announcement of the regular talk
decisions, so here's your chance to get on board early. ;)

Cheers,
Vern Ceder, PyCon Poster Session Coordinator

--
This time for sure!
    -Bullwinkle J. Moose