[Edu-sig] Progamming advice.

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:59:08 CEST 2009

Somewhat apropos:

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2009/03/patterns-in-python.html

I see Fowler getting mentioned a lot in this thread.  Below, a couple
more titles:

Jacob: Tests are the programmer's stone, transmuting fear into boredom
(Kent Beck, author of Test Driven Development). Build in time to write
tests. TDD = Test Driven Development. Jacob doesn't do it hardcore,
gets annoyed with the dogma. Read Code Complete, published by
Microsoft -- one of the best books ever. When you start down the
testing road, you're making a contract with yourself to not check in
code with broken tests.

That's from my write-up, (Jacob = Jacob Kaplan-Moss of Django dojo):

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2009/03/django-workshop.html

Kirby