[Edu-sig] Suggestion for python learning

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 21:21:36 CEST 2008

I wanted to thank web2py author Massimo Di Pierro for cluing me re
Vimeo, a higher bandwidth "tube service" that isn't putting my Python
for Math Teachers intros behind a PayPal firewall (what happened on
ShowMeDo, where I also archive. also higher rez than YouTube).

http://www.vimeo.com/user595710/videos

(
lower rez Google Video versions:
http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2007/01/python-for-math-teachers.html
)

Python 411 has been a good source of podcasts for my iPod, which I
usually keep with me, at the gym, on the plane, in the car, so I can
listen to interviews with luminaries mostly, not so much listening to
read-aloud source code, or even pseudo code.

We each have different mixes of sensory input we prefer, when
learning, sometimes gets in the way, sometimes just what the doctor
ordered, so as a teacher I try not to dictate too stringently, as if
it were my way or the high way.

On the other hand, when it comes to media *production* I need to stick
with my talents and/or team up with simpaticos who help make up for my
weaknesses, capable software also a boon (made these initial three
with Camtasia Studio, open to FOSS on my Ubuntu Dell especially).

Kirby
4Dstudios