[Edu-sig] computer algebra

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:42:20 CET 2008

You're lucky to understand this so well and to get (i) for calculus.

I always thought big-O was used more to teach about algorithms (their
efficiency), which is where I first encountered it.  So maybe Knuth's
calls for calculus reform were heeded after all and I'm just behind
the times.

On another topic: should we tell Channel 6 that Guido is right here on
edu-sig.  I think we should help hide him.  I saw that documentary
about
Britney Spears yesterday.  Paparazzi have made her life somewhat
more difficult than it needs to be, even though she's a karate kid.

http://www.channel6tvnews.com/story/agc2dHZuZXdzcgsLEgRjYXJkGPEkDA

Kirby