[Edu-sig] Python in Secondary Schools

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jul 17 18:44:10 CEST 2007

On 7/17/07, Andre Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > I have seem more than one mailing list go
> > up in flames over education politics -- understandably a touchy issue
> > so perhaps best discussed elsewhere. I have also seen lists saved by a
> > strict rule forbidding such destructive topics (enforced by a
> > moderator reminding posters and readers of this rule when the topic is
> > accidentally brought up again).
> >
> Are you suggesting that this list should become moderated?

Not in the sense of someone approving individual posts. Yes in the
other sense of the word "moderation", meaning "avoiding excesses". :-)
A "moderator" can simply be anyone who reads the lists frequently and
can send off a list response reminding folks to refrain from
discussing a contentious topic.