[Edu-sig] Python in Secondary Schools

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Tue Jul 17 16:54:30 CEST 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> But do polemics have a place on a list dedicated to promoting *Python*
> in education? The list name is meant to be edu-sig at python.org, not
> mere edu-sig -- it's not about education(al politics) in general.

+1

> I am seeing signals that there's been too much politics and not enough
> Python or education on this list...

I have had off-list exchanges with people who were reluctant to post to
edu-sig, mainly because they didn't have the time, inclination, or (in
some cases) the fluency in English to become embroiled in political debates.

If you ask me (and as I recall, nobody did ;-) ) the great thing about
the tutor list is the way they rigorously (and gently) stick to the
topic of helping people learn Python. So, yeah...

Vern

--
This time for sure!
    -Bullwinkle J. Moose