[Edu-sig] Another Mathcast showing off Python's powers

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:56:39 CET 2007

Jumping off from The Book of Numbers by Conway and Guy, we explore a
proposition of Euclid's, that the Mth triangular number, the Ms being the
Mersennes (as we call them today), is also a Perfect Number.

The purpose of this clip is to demonstrate how Python might form a useful
hybrid with various math topics, providing cross-training in two
disciplines: mathematics and computer science. This is an approach I've long
recommended, based on field experience as well as intuitive factors.

http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/perfectnumbers.html