[Edu-sig] An OLPC comment

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Jan 18 15:52:17 CET 2007

Ivan Krstić wrote:

> I don't think I can actually figure out what you're saying here. I am
> happy to have a discussion, but that requires understanding what's being
> discussed; please consider rephrasing your concerns in very simple,
> non-philosophical terms.

If it is any consolation, you are in good company.  Guido has expressed
from time to time frustration at trying to figure out what I am saying.
  And I have been accused of being "baroque" in my choice of language.

Which I find strange because I think of myself as a schoolyard brawler.

I separate the OLPC into 2 aspects:

1) a piece of hardware that is inexpensive, innovative in design, and
with an Open Source infrastructure.

2) an embedded philosophy about technology and education.

Let's just say I am very anxious to get my hands on both - just in very
different senses of the phrase ;)