[Edu-sig] An OLPC comment

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 17 22:54:18 CET 2007

Arthur wrote:
> Particularly given this, I don't understand the embedded need, as part
> of the process, to the compromise on some basic ideas - normally called
> science. [...] Or - maybe more what he was
> suggesting - is that until there is empricial evidence that leads us in
> a certain and clear direction, best encourage the diversity of ideas.
> OLPC seem to represent very much a counter vision.
> Seems to me the OLPC has counter ideas on both empiricism *and* the
> diversity of ideas.

I don't think I can actually figure out what you're saying here. I am
happy to have a discussion, but that requires understanding what's being
discussed; please consider rephrasing your concerns in very simple,
non-philosophical terms.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D