[Edu-sig] OLPC: first thoughts on the first keynote at Pycon

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Sat Feb 24 15:39:21 CET 2007

There may be one major semantical issue, in terms of the meaning of side
effects when loading a module  (e.g. defining singletons, opening files,
etc.) which is hard to deal with generically with Python. You can deal
with is specifically in how you write your own code, but that is not a
general solution.

See my previous note to Andreas for more details, including a related
Python patch someone submitted in 2005.

--Paul Fernhout