[Edu-sig] SIGCSE Special Session Slides

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 17:11:55 CET 2006

> The special session was a lot of fun and we had an excellent turnout.  We
> counted over 100 people in attendance!  The discussion following our short
> presentation was very positive.  It is clear that there is growing interest
> in using Python for introductory computer science.
>
> Brad
> --
> Brad Miller, PhD
> Assistant Professor
> Luther College
> http://www.cs.luther.edu/~bmiller
> jabber:  bnmnetp at jabber.org

Excellent!

Along similar lines, I was at an all-Oregon computer conference
yesterday and although I didn't make any formal presentation, it was a
small gathering and I got to be an effective diplomat for Python.

Plus there was obvious interest in the language independently of me
(although of those present, to my knowledge only Gary Frankenberry, a
past president of this group, currently uses it with his high
schoolers, as a prelude to doing some Java -- in addition to myself
that is).

More details are posted in my blog, for any curious:
http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2006/03/sao-spring-conference-2006.html