[Edu-sig] Designing CS...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 04:25:29 CEST 2006

On 6/20/06, Kevin Driscoll <driscollkevin at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have regular programming competitions in class ("Slithers") and for
> the last one, I brought in a local programmer to be a guest judge.
> His presence changed the entire dynamic and many students did their
> best work that morning.
>
> Kevin

Your class sounds like a lot of wholesome "hard fun" and I encourage
you to keep sharing narrative accounts, as I often do when teaching
(I'm not doing any classes right now, trying to get back into cycling,
other healthy stuff -- just screen and keyboard takes a toll (not that
I'm giving up either (nor driving, per DMV blog post today))).