[Edu-sig] More Python in the Classroom

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:18:44 CET 2006

On 2/23/06, ajsiegel at optonline.net <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:

> Kirby writes -
>
> >I was thinking of Arthur's suggesting to reinforce the distinction
> between 'print' and 'return'.
>
> The only thing I recall is an exchange with John Brawley that I reported
> here.

A long time ago I  posted an URL to an essay on the theory of OO in Python.
You suggested something about 'print' vs 'return' might be in order (at
least such is my memory).

Here's the essay in question if curious (the PDF in this directory):
http://www.4dsolutions.net/satacad/background/

If I remember correctly, he was creating a VPython sphere in a fucntion,
> assigning a variable to the
> function call, and couldn't unerstand why he was getting an attribute
> error when trying to
> change the sphere's color.

I think I dimly recall this too.  Not sure.