[Edu-sig] Python as Application

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Oct 27 13:42:53 CEST 2005

Sorry to comment on my own comment, again - but I want to expand this
thought a bit.

When looked at from my personal frame of reference and the experience, among
other things, as a business person - it is the old rules that work.

My route to a practical, business-oriented understanding of technology
included - probably as its most important effort - undertaking the effort of
learning abstract mathematics with the help of a multi-paradigm Open Source
programming language.

If industry wants sharp C# folks, they are not going to get them by turning
CS department into C# training grounds.  They are industry - not their job
to understand that.  It is educators' job to understand that.

Played by what I consider to be the older rules of the game, everybody wins.