[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Oct 9 21:36:26 CEST 2005

> Just some intellectual honesty.
>
> Art

Yes, and all highly ethnographic and not necessarily relevant history to
others on this list, either.

And me?

I grew up in Rome, with the Communist Party just another decal, with
candidates, rhetoric and so on, along with whatever exotic
anarcho-crypto-fascist-christo-maniacal cults or whatever.

It'd be like having a Gothic Party in some teen wasteland cross-national
namespace of today (lotsa web sites), one that keeps running Batman for
president (and sometimes he wins).

Election day was always a zoo in Rome.

Later I moved to the Philippines.  Martial law government, lots of quiet
American types yukking it up by the Embassy pool (US marines'd salute our
car as we drove onto base, Clark or Subic, in search of cheap scuba, given
our high civilian ranking).

I do like potato pancakes and eat them with liberal Jewish and Buddhist
families sometimes.  I also eat falafel, Mexican, and lots of Thai.

A bumper sticker around here:  Keep Portland Weird.