[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 9 21:22:08 CEST 2005

Without going into great autobiographical detail - I suspect that I have in
fact had more potato pancakes prepared for me by and have spoken at more
gravesides of folks who had been members of the Communist Party in its
heyday - then most people on the list.

So the understanding and respect I developed for the intellectual enemies of
who these folks close to me at least at one time were, is not something that
came overly lightly to me.

And yes I see some relevance between my respect for those thinkers and the
rejection of certain kinds of engineering efforts, that include a good deal
of the engineering efforts made in the interests of gender fairness.

No bogeymen.

Just some intellectual honesty.