[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 9 19:44:03 CEST 2005

Outside the context the concept of the history of our confrontation with
time and timekeeping, you are talking about trivialities.

When my students have begun to understand something of the hidden depth
connected to these questions, as for example as presented interestingly  in

"Einstein's Clocks, Poincare's Maps - Empires of Time" by Peter Galison 2003

and only then, might I allow a one word answer to the question of what time
is it in Tokyo?

Do you understand what time it is in Tokyo?

According to whom?