[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Oct 9 19:10:29 CEST 2005

> I would appreciate it if you resisted.

I *am* resisting.  It sounds to me like you want to block important
processing among expert educators by raising irrelevant specters, or rather,
relevant specters in an irrelevant fashion.

It is you who bring in Marxism as a key word, without context, and expect
that to mean something to others.  You presume a shared namespace.  I find
that presumptuous on your part.

That's why I prefer when you delve into personal autobiography.  Then you
start to make a little more sense to me.

> Or at lest, first, made some effort to indicate you actual read what I
> wrote with some sensitivity. As a prelude to your denigrating response.

It's not denigrating.  More like:  unless you can prove your desire to
impose a moratorium is well founded, your wish may be ignored.  On the other
hand, maybe there's something important here.  But you don't do enough to
flesh it out (in this first post).  You do better later.  But if you think a
word like "Marxism" is going to close an argument with me, think again.

> But as you have said, you read what I write with a sense of from where it
> comes. And you have a right to (to be wrong) about that.
>
> Art

Yes, I have a right to be wrong.  I also have a right to not include your
code in my running version of the source, which is often copied by others,
if I think your viewpoint is overly obstructive and/or obnoxious.  But for
now, I'm paused, waiting to see what your proposed moratorium might look
like, whether it would interfere, assist or whatever.  I'm still evaluating.

Do you have any brand of futurism you could share, some scifi about what
tomorrow should/could be like, were your desires met in higher degree?  For
my part, I do go public with a brand of futurism.  I practice what I preach.
And I tend to dismiss ideological camps unable to produce such scenery, even
in sketch.