[Edu-sig] URNER (/sigs/edu-sig) signing off (temporary?)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Nov 27 06:31:40 CET 2005

I got a very polite note from someone who took me off the list, stopping the
spam, which all the python.org webmasters are weathering bravely.

It's not a big tragedy or dark moment that I'm working to turn over that
page to another talented person.  I thought I did an OK job, but by
definition there're limits to my vision.  I'm not apologizing for my style,
but I'm certainly open to fresh views and approaches.  So I encourage the
edu-sig page to *continue* through a series of webmasters, on into the
future, with no one person permanently entrenched.  Not me, not anyone.
That'd be my preference (not a command or anything).

This is the same preference/advice I gave to BFI long ago, and bfi.org is
looking very good these days.  I think there's been quite a bit of turnover,
which is as it should be.

So again, no big deal that I'm choosing to move on.  A sign of a mature
python.org management, in my book.

And yes, I'd gladly do the job again down the road, but not right away.

Kirby
4D Studios