[Edu-sig] Low Enrollments - programming as anti-intellectualism

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Nov 4 14:36:37 CET 2005

Last consecutive post.

Which will sound more like self-promotion than it is intended.

Saying that PyGeo goes somewhat further in some fundamental respects then
other dynamic geometry applications is, I think, fair.  Whether it is
effective or not in doing so, and how it goes about it, is another question.
But what I think is interesting, in terms of the general state of things, is
the extent to which someone with modest programming skills can achieve
something substantially interesting, by leveraging intelligently off the
efforts that other folks have made available as tools, libraries,
programming languages, etc.  *That* is kind of exciting.