[Edu-sig] Low Enrollments - programming as anti-intellectualism

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Nov 4 14:19:15 CET 2005

Obviously, OTOH (to my previous post), there would not be a PyGeo if I found
a book approach fully satisfactory to what I was trying to achieve in
getting to geometric concepts.

Pascal's Mystic Hexagon (inscribed in a conic) is unconvincing and
uninspiring when viewed as a static illustration.  An animation of it is a
step forward.  Better yet is getting random access to it, in the form of a
dynamic construction.

Not convinced that the three pairs of the continuations of opposite sides of
the inscribed hexagon meet on a straight line?

Try me.

The difficulty in this stuff is recognizing, appreciating and exploiting new
possibilities  in a focused manner, without getting *too* excited and
generalizing *too* broadly about what those possibilities are and where they
get us.