[Edu-sig] Graphical Programming and OOP

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Mar 26 15:21:51 CET 2005

I know this perspective is a little out of left field (as they say), but...

Can't help seeing some analogy between programming and athletics.  Won't
draw it out except to say that having seen Jeff and his students at PyCon in
the past years only seems to validate my sense of things here.  I see a team
and their coach.  Programming is hard, and it takes an interest and aptitude
as a starting point, and perhaps one can only coach, not teach in the more
traditional sense of what teaching a subject has come to mean.