[Edu-sig] Lined up for EuroPython

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Jun 25 22:10:49 CEST 2005

See the relationship - but the article is a little too technical for me to
understand what is the same and what is different about what I'm doing and
"multiple dispatch". Usually "too technical for me" means mostly a lack of a
grasp of the vocabulary, and I am a bit stubborn in not working to get up to
speed on programming vocabulary.

I never understood what a "factory function" was until I invented one ;) -
and only then realized it had been invented a million times before.

Starting by wishing that Python had the kind of method overloading that Java
features, I ended up with a solution that more concisely, more specifically,
and more completely solves the problem I was trying to solve than I ever
would have come to had Python in fact *had* method overloading.

Though method overloading would have been *easier* ;)