[Edu-sig] Elementary School Instruction

Andy Judkis ajudkis at verizon.net
Fri Jun 10 04:31:20 CEST 2005

Hi Kirby,

Thanks for responding.

I'm fortunate in that in our school, there really isn't a stigma associated
with being a good student.  The culture is really pretty good that way.  I
would love to blame my problems on the kids but I think the problem is
really me, and my unrealistic expectations about how long it really takes to
begin to get a sense of what programs and programming are about.  Which
brings me back to the questions:
1) how do you motivate typical kids to be interested enough in this to climb
this particular hill? and
2) what is a reasonable set of things for them to learn in a 20-30 class
hour unit on Python?

Thanks again,
    Andy