[Edu-sig] Beyond CP4E

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Apr 15 19:27:30 CEST 2005

I can find no disagreement in our positions.

"Whether or not computers are used in school is a trifle" is not the current
wisdom on how things are going to get fixed.  They will get fixed better if
we keep that maxim in mind in our efforts in getting things fixed. It is
hard to find like-minded people in the IT community. If I am fully
consistent in my position I guess I shouldn't care.  Somehow I do.

Part of why I care about this is that there are powerful economic forces
with an interest in getting us over-involved in a  trifle, and making it a
centerpiece.

The ideas themselves - standing on their own merit - would not in my mind
otherwise pose a serious threat of diverting our attention.

This isn't the thinking of a paranoid.  It's the thinking of a grown-up.