[Edu-sig] FW: RFS: python-visual - VPython 3D scientific visualization library

JanC janc13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 05:15:31 CEST 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 2:07 PM, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:

> Floris Bruynooghe has created a VPython Debian distribution and is in
> process of attempting to have it accepted as "official" Debian package.

> Obviously I would like to see Floris successful.  This would, for example,
> make is possible to see VPython available in the ubuntu "universe" of
> packages. A very good thing, IMO.

I'm not 100% sure, but AFAIK Ubuntu doens't _require_ the package to
be in Debian before they accept it?

You might ask on the ubuntu-devel mailing list or on the #ubuntu-motu
channel on the Freenode IRC network (MOTU = Master Of The Universe,
the 'title' given to the maintainers of universe).

Also remember Ubuntu Hoary has python 2.4 as the default version,
while Debian still uses 2.3 AFAIK.

--
JanC