[Edu-sig] editor for children (was Re: explaining functions [Possibly OT])

Andrew Carle carle at hamlin.org
Tue Dec 7 16:40:29 CET 2004

I run an all OS X lab, which gives me the freedom to run SubEthaEdit.
It's a kid-friendly editor in that it does decent syntax coloring for a
whole host of different code styles, will spell check in desired (useful
for the text sections of our text adventures) and is otherwise simple and
WSYWIG.  If you're working with students under 18 at this point, asking
them to use something other than the mouse and arrow keys for cursor
control eats far too much of the hour.

Andrew Carle
MS Technology
The Hamlin School