[Edu-sig] re: TeachScheme

Arthur ajs@optonline.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:33:37 -0500

Tim writes -

>The only effect of this resurrection I've seen is that Kirby removed the
link to TeachScheme from the Edu-SIG page.
>If that prevents someone from stumbling into TeachScheme who otherwise
would have, I'd judge it a net loss.

Not to stand still in the face of  a potential  net loss:

My recommendation is to include the recently released DrPython editor in the
Shells and Editors section of the page.  I make that recommend based on the
fact that I have tried DrPython, and find it -as advertised - a clean and
simple environment for teaching.  We might then link to the stated
inspiration of of DrPython, DrScheme of the TeachScheme project. The intent
of DrPython clearly being  imitation as a form of flattery/respect - as per
Kirby's earlier point made.

Net gain.

Art