[Edu-sig] re: TeachScheme

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:56:11 -0700

At 09:39 PM 7/18/2003 -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

>Are they still sniping at Python?  Fine, if so and they enjoy that, but I
>haven't seen any of that lately.  The only effect of this resurrection I've
>seen is that Kirby removed the link to TeachScheme from the Edu-SIG page.
>If that prevents someone from stumbling into TeachScheme who otherwise would
>have, I'd judge it a net loss.  It's a wonderful project, even if it suffers
>from too much intellectual depth at the expense of shallow hacking <wink>.

Yeah, somewhat old news.

Lots of languages should be able to make, or have already made,
good inroads into the education sphere.  I don't think an
edu-sig page re Python should commit to providing such a global
set of links.

The Scheme link set a wrong precedent, the way I see it now.
It's not a reflection of what I think about the program (I think
highly of it).

If someone else maintains a comprehensive Programming in Education
page (across multiple languages), I could see linking to *that*.

Kirby