[Edu-sig] Sets

Jaime E. Villate villate@gnu.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:13:34 +0000

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:55:32AM -0800, Kirby Urner wrote:
> More broadly, I'm brainstorming heuristics that'd anchor a different
> way of approaching math (it would be more a hybrid of current
> compartments -- more computer than currently standard).
>
> Major categories like Time, Space, Objects and Events would be the
> top-level key words.  For more thinking along these lines, see:
>
> http://www.dstoys.com/Members/kirby/Works/documents/bigpicture.html/view

In my browser (Galeon) I cannot read this page because the black column in the
right obscures the last word on each line. even if I reduce the letter size,
the problem remains (not to mention that I do not see any flash animations
because I've failed to compile the free clone of the flash plugin).

> http://www.mathforum.org/epigone/math-learn/krermplumgul
> http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/trends2000.html

Very interesting ideas. I think that's a nice teaching scheme.
(I teach physics and math at the college level)

Regards,
Jaime

P.S. I'm sorry I do not have anything to say about the Sets class because I
have not used it yet.