[Edu-sig] Re: PyOpenGL etc. in Python 2.3 (Windows)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Aug 6 09:37:35 EDT 2003

> Maybe others like small footprint too and don't include optional packages
into
> the core distro ;)
>
> Markus

Yeah, but....

>From a Windows head point of view, what's in Windows\System32 as compiled
code is run-time, back-end stuff and nothing to worry one's head about.
What's off of  \Program Files is user stuff, and where one's attention is.

So I guess my point is not so much small footprint vs. big.  Its back-end
and front-end.  On Windows - only - one seems forced somewhat to put
back-end and front-end stuff under site-packages.  And its a long and windy
road to \python23\lib\site-packages\pygeo\demos - especially when I can't
place a Start menu path to it (and don't really feel that is where it
belongs in the first place).

So I am pointing to what I think is a real problem.  The win32all solution
is the only one I can think of.  There well may be others.