[Edu-sig] Fw: Python sequences by reference - how to make

Arthur ajs@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:34:23 -0400

Guido writes -

> Copying issues generally crop up with lists.  Copying a list is done
> with [:].  You can't get much more built-in than that.

It seems clear you object to an approach to discssing this kind of thing
that is highly rhetorical.  And as I said before, I acknowledge that *I* am
the one out of water.  But maybe that's the point a little.

Using Alex's anology I would argue that [:], from the perspective of a fish,
does represent somethingof an underwater rock formation.  A fish does know
that everything is not water.  But [:] still gives us no sight of land.

Art