CP4E-2002 => was {Re: [Edu-sig] Top 5 All Time Novice Obstacles => #3 Where am I ?}

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:38:01 -0400

> Relative to your original CP4E grant proposal where you think Python
> stands now?

Python has a long way to go -- but of the "real life" programming
languages (from Java to Scheme) it is still the best positioned to
succeed as a "first language".

> If we were writing a CP4E-2002 proposal what would be the key
> points?

A proposal never stands in a vacuum -- it depends on the agenda of the
funding organization to which the proposal is trying to sell its
ideas, and on the interests of those who want to be funded.

I wish I could say more, but I'm several 100s of emails behind, and
since I am in no position to start writing such a funding proposal any
time soon, I'll decline to answer further.