CP4E-2002 => was {Re: [Edu-sig] Top 5 All Time Novice Obstacles => #3 Where am I ?}

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:01:00 -0400

> It has a GUI for this feature.  Assuming you have Python 2.1.x or
> 2.2.x on Windows, go to the Start -> Programs -> Python x.x menu, and
> select "Module docs".  Now type your search string in the text box and
> hit return.  Double-click any of the resulting lines, and stand by for
> a webbrowser window to pop up.

Well right now I am happily shocked, and shamed of course, because I did not
know about the new module docs stuff which came in with 2.1. So thank you very
much. I rebuilt my machnines recently and did full fresh updates & installs of
many softwares, including Python to version 2.2

As I said, Python is an embarassement of riches. What a treasure trove to
discover on http: port 7464! A little ironic though the interactive browsable
module docs do not yet appear to bare not yet refernced by help().

I really would like to hear from anyone trying to teach Python to young students
begining programming what their esxpeiences and opinots are.

I am not complaining about Python and its resorces. It's fabulous. I recommend
it all the time. I continue to question how well tuned it is to absolute and/or
young beginners, a group unfortunately not present yet in this discussion.

Let' steer this a different way..

http://www.python.org/doc/essays/cp4e.html [1999 version]

Relative to your original CP4E grant proposal where you think Python stands now?
If we were writing a CP4E-2002 proposal what would be the key points?

./Jason