[Edu-sig] BBC NEWS UK Education GCSE 'gender gap' sparksconcern

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:52:25 -0400

> Perhaps folks are making free choices, at levels of complexity we can not
> hope (nor should particularly care)
> to understand, and what should be done about it is nothing.

Could be. I was concerned more about the overall presentation of "IT" and
computational literacy issues than gender.
But strongly suspect there are still all sorts of assumptions/stereotypes
kicking around about boys vs girls and what IT is and can be. From the school
curriculum down and from the kids up.. and vice versa

./Jason