[Edu-sig] BBC NEWS UK Education GCSE 'gender gap' sparksconcern

djr djrassoc01@mindspring.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:26:23 -0500

From:
        djr <djrassoc01@mindspring.com>
                                                           7:21 AM

        Re: [Edu-sig] BBC NEWS UK Education GCSE 'gender gap' sparksconcern
    To:
        Bea Fontaine <bea@webwitches.com>

In regard to Bea's post...

> Are we being off topic again? I've had my wrists slapped twice already
> although several people seemed interested. Maybe I misunderstand the way
> the list is run?

I would say "No, you aren't being off topic if you think it is something
that should be sent around to this list".  In my opinion, we are each
our own moderators on this list. (at least that seems to be how it is being
run).

With regard to the dicussion that I felt myself drawn into recently,
I concluded >I< was getting pretty far afield for
what >I< felt was the patience of other people who might want to receive
e-mail mainly on the subject of education aspects of Python. That's why
I recently invited others who wanted to discussion the item with me
further to correspond with me directly.

--D.

--
Dr. David J. Ritchie, Sr.