[Edu-sig] Re: [Tutor] Girls, women and Programming (- and Python)

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:39:03 -0700

>Now, without prompting, or pushing form either of us Zenobie, the girl
>loves babies, palying dressup and pink things, fairys and stuff.
>
>Luke, the boy, loves trains, trucks, diggers and racing cars, breaking
>things and being rough...
>
>Maybe you could rephrase your question, why are there so few men
>interested in fashion industry?  How many men do you know who even
>contemplate making their own clothes?

A different question:  why is computer programming supposedly
less like loving babies and designing dresses, and more like
breaking things?  Based on the above description, I can see why
it might be a priority to get the boys *out* of programming :-D.

Kirby