[Edu-sig] Re: [Tutor] Girls, women and Programming (- and Python)

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob@zoism.org
06 Aug 2002 12:58:44 +1200

On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 12:22, Gregor Lingl wrote:

> 1) Why are there so few girl and women interested in programming?
> (look, for instance, at the list of partiicipants of all those mailing
> lists)

It's a silly question, but one that a few years ago I also would have
found important...

Then I had kids, I have a little girl (4.5 years) and a boy, (3 years).

Now, without prompting, or pushing form either of us Zenobie, the girl
loves babies, palying dressup and pink things, fairys and stuff.

Luke, the boy, loves trains, trucks, diggers and racing cars, breaking
things and being rough...

Maybe you could rephrase your question, why are there so few men
interested in fashion industry?  How many men do you know who even
contemplate making their own clothes?

--

*
*  Rob Brown-Bayliss