[Edu-sig] Re: Levitated Tile

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:34:16 -0800

At 06:04 PM 11/15/2001 -0500, Jason Cunliffe wrote:
>http://www.levitated.net/
>
>..lovely openSource Flash5 generative art site, well designed interface
>

>./Jason

Yes, this is excellent.  People with slower connections don't
like "swoopy" sites, but this shows how "swoopy" is NOT synonymous
with frivolous graphics, as here we're animating interesting
math-related ideas dynamically, with the powerful Flash 5
package.

Inspired by the Lorentz Attractor demo, I adapted the code
(with source cited/credited) to work with my pre-existing
coords.py and povray.py modules (freely downloadable and
used extensively at my math-through-programming teaching
site).

Here's the URL, with the resulting graphic up top (nothing
stunning):  http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/lorentz.html

Gratifying to get something visual with so little code, as
with the fractal obtained earlier (linked in the 'For Further
Reading' section at bottom).

Thanks again, Jason -- you're good at mining the web, a fine
art in itself.

Kirby
Curriculum writer
Oregon Curriculum Network