[Edu-sig] Learning Python in pairs

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 00:19:50 -0500 (CDT)

I'm watching a RealVideo interview with Bob Martin, author, consultant, and
chief promoter of the Extreme Programming methodology. *I am not a
professional software developer*, but I find the collaborative nature of the
process intriguing.

I'm going to have two sections of about 25 students each next fall and I
have a lab with 30 computers. I'm intrigued by the idea of having the
students work in pairs. (This is something we science teachers are very
comfortable with.) Do any list subscribers have any thoughts about solo
vs. paired learning in a programming class?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org