[Edu-sig] VPython/Tk visualization of residue classes

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:09:39 -0600

I've been experimenting with ways to provide animated visualizations
of simple mathematical concepts, and I'm fairly pleased with my latest
effort which displays "residue classes" for different modulus values.
The VPython/Tk program is available temporarily at
<http://ontosys.com/src/residue2.py>.  Note the Tk controller window
that starts up along with the VPython display window.

This program is motivated by the material in Chapter 2 of Conway and
Guy's "The Book of Numbers" book.  I think someone on this list
recommended the book; it is a wonderful exposition of various patterns
of numbers.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370