[Edu-sig] Exploring Bernoulli Numbers

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:18:24 -0800

>I for one could read Python code, well before I could write much
>of it.

Same with learning French, English, Japanese... easier
to track when native speakers are sourcing, than to source
yourself.  Yet valuable nevertheless, and good preparation
for when you'll be able to stand and deliver.

Little kids listen to adults and older people chatter
for months and months, and that start to speak.

In math, in programming, exposure to material that is
well above your current level is important.  We need
curricula which do this, deliberately go "over your
head" from time to time.  This is as it should be --
no reason, in itself, to get frustrated and angry.

Kirby